10.07.2012

New Recipes

I'm always looking to find new recipes. I'll be honest... I'm not the best cook. I've made some significant improvements since we got married. My poor husband ate chicken almost every night when we were newlyweds because I didn't have many recipes. It's always exciting when we find new recipes that we really like. I often get recipes from friends because I want to know that other people really liked it too. I don't like being the guinea pig. There's nothing worse than cooking a meal all day and it tasting awful in the end :) Since the move, I've really been trying out a lot of new recipes. Here are a few that have been real winners at our house. Let me know if you want me to pass any of these recipes along!

Homemade Granola Muffins
-I've been wanting to try this recipe out because we always buy the granola bars for breakfast. This is a much healthier option (no added sugar), plus you can garnish with whatever toppings you like. Noah loved them too! I made some with chocolate chips & some with blueberries.




Seasoned Potatoes
-We love potatoes.... every kind of potatoes. But these have quickly become our favorite! You season them with olive oil, onion soup mix & montreal steak seasoning. If Noah sees these, he refuses to eat anything else :)



Mississippi Roast
- This roast was so easy & delicious. I cut mine into slices halfway through so that the seasonings would soak in really good. Yummy!


It was devoured before I could take a final pic :)


Crockpot Hot Chocolate
I didn't get a picture of the hot chocolate. But trust me, it was the best hot chocolate I've ever had! So extremely good. Just dump all of your ingredients in and 2 hours later... delicious hot chocolate. Top with whipped cream & enjoy. We will definitely make this again on a cold winter night! We celebrated Canadian Thanksgiving tonight with friends and it was gone within minutes.

I'll try to keep you posted if we find more that we love! :)






1 comment:

Unknown said...

I always LOVE hearing about everything thats going on in your world. Cant wait to hear about the pumpkin bread, too. YUM that hot chocolate is going to be a must. Love you so much!