10.01.2012

Blogging again... but from another country

Thanks to much encouragement from my sister-in-law, Meagan, and the fact that we have moved so far away from our families... I've decided to resume blogging. :)

Lots and lots of changes lately so I'll do a quick recap. Our precious son, Noah, just turned 1 in September. Where does the time go? On top of that, we recently moved from Virginia to Saskatchewan, Canada. Caronport to be exact. ;)

After much prayer and seeking the Lord's will, Dalton accepted a job offer from Briercrest College & Seminary here in Canada. He is the full-time college hockey coach. While this is quite a change from his job as College/Young Adults pastor in Virginia, we know this is of God. Dalton has always had a passion to see the hockey world impacted for Christ. What an incredible opportunity he has to pour into the guys here and hopefully made a difference for the kingdom through a sport he's loved from childhood. We were also so excited to be at a Christian university where many of the students here will be pursuing full-time ministry. The opportunity is great. How much greater is our need for Christ to work in and through us.

We have been here in Caronport for 1 month now and are finally starting to get settled in. Our belongings had to be imported from the states so we were 1 month without our things. You begin to realize what's important and what is not. We are so thankful for all of the prayers and encouragement from our friends and family. God is so good and He has been and will continue to be our strength through the transition. We've met a lot of great people here and have been welcomed with opened arms. While we still have many loose ends to tie up with the move, we are eager about the mission God has called us to here. I don't want to miss any opportunities to pour into the lives of these students. My heart for them is great.

I'm started to learn the culture a little better and find my way around. While Canada is so close to the states it is still very different and I've enjoyed figuring out those differences. These are some of my findings:

- For starters, you have to pay for grocery bags!
- You also have to put a $1 coin in your shopping cart to use it. Don't worry, you get it back when you return it :)
- No chik-fil-A... as well as most of the American stores I shop at
- The bank cards have chips in them... weird, I know
- they talk in milliliters and Celsius for temperature
- I no longer have a dishwasher... sigh
- Thanksgiving is next weekend... in October
- Pros.... they have a way better selection of chocolate!
- They have Tim Horton's as well as Starbucks

This weekend was super busy here. Dalton had 2 hockey games as well as a hockey alumni game. It was homecoming weekend at Briercrest and a lot of alumni came into town. I wanted to make sure that I finished his office before the big weekend. I love how it turned out!



I've really been working hard on setting up our home and getting all of the boxes unpacked. I really enjoyed decorating for fall this week and even making a wreath for the front door.


I was also given a bread maker shortly after moving here and I'm LOVING making my own bread. It's delicious. Can't wait to make chocolate chip pumpkin bread this week!


Well, that's a quick update from Canada. Hope all is well in the states. I'll end with a pic of my sweet little man. He is all over the place these days. I spend most of my time chasing him... but I wouldn't have it any other way. :)


2 comments:

Taylor and Meagan Ethridge said...

Love this, Lindsay! Thank you for doing this. I know you have so much going on but I really enjoyed reading. Love you!

Joy Leigh said...

Oh yes!!!! This warms my heart, thank you for this!!(: I love the office & fall decorations! -xoxox -Joy A.