10.07.2012

Blessed

Canadian Thanksgiving is this weekend. It's pretty exciting because it's my first Canadian Thanksgiving and also because that means I get 2 Thanksgivings this year! :)

I recently joined Moms & Tots here in Caronport. That means that every Wednesday morning I get together with moms from Caronport and we do a Bible study together & learn from/encourage one another while having free child care. It's been amazing... really! So far, we can't get Noah to stay in the nursery at church. He screams hysterically. So, they always end up paging us/bringing him to us within a few minutes. That means that Wednesday mornings are the only time out of my week that I don't have a child connected to me. It's been such a blessing and so refreshing just to have an hour or so to myself to connect with other moms & be encouraged through God's Word.

This week we were asked to sit down and write out 10 things that you're thankful for (in light of Canadian Thanksgiving of course). We then shared our list with the 4-5 ladies at our table. I've been so busy thinking about our plans for Thanksgiving... where we're going, what I'm cooking, ect... that I was missing the whole focus- being thankful for the many blessings in our lives.

We have been so incredibly blessed by our heavenly Father. I want this Thanksgiving to be all about Him. I wanted to share my list with you, in hopes that you too could reflect on Christ's many blessings in your life. He is so good, so faithful, so constant... this list clearly does not exhaust my thankfulness but it's a good start.

1. My husband, Dalton
     "Many waters cannot quench love; rivers cannot sweep it away"- Song of Solomon 8:7

2. My son, Noah
     "Sons are a heritage from the Lord, children a reward from Him"- Psalm 127:3

3. Noah's sweet spirit & joy
     Sometimes I feel like Sarah in the Bible when she's referring to her son Isaac and she says,
     "God has brought me laughter"- Genesis 21:6

4. A Christian family/heritage
     "Fix these words of mine in your hearts and minds; tie them as symbols on your hands and bind   them on your foreheads. Teach them to your children, talking about them when you sit at home and when you walk along the road, when you lie down and when you get up. Write them on the doorframes of your houses and on your gates, so that your days and the days of your children may be many in the land that the Lord swore to give your forefathers, as many as the days that the heavens are above the earth."- Deuteronomy 11:18-21


5. The Lord's provision
 "Your love, O Lord, reaches to the heavens. Your faithfulness to the sky."- Psalm 36:56. 

6. The Word of God

    "The grass withers and the flowers fall, but the Word of our God stands forever."- Isaiah 40:8
     "The word of God is living and active. Sharper than any double-edged sword, it penetrates even to      
      dividing soul and spirit, joints and marrow; it judges the thoughts and attitudes of the heart."-   
      Hebrews 4:12


7. Truth, in a world of uncertainty

  "Guide me in your truth and teach me, for you are God my Savior and my hope is in you all day   
      long."- Psalm 25:5


8. Our Home & God's presence

     Throughout the move I've been constantly reminded that Christ is our home, our place of refuge. I'm   thankful for a home to keep me warm this winter and shelter me from the storms. However, I'm more thankful for the presence of Almighty God who shelters us under His mighty hand.
"Lord, You have been our dwelling place throughout all generations."- Psalm 90:1
"I long to dwell in your tent forever and take refuge in the shelter of your wings."- Psalm 61:4


9. Godly friends/fellowship

  "Perfume and incense bring joy to the heart, and the pleasantness of one’s friend springs from his  
      earnest counsel."- Proverbs 27:9


10. Freedom to talk about Jesus Christ

I also added a few things to my list as the other women shared... 
- good health for myself, Dalton & Noah
- that Dalton has a stable job/income
- creation & all of it's beauty (I saw the northern lights for the first time this week) Wow! The heavens declare the glory of God!
- the ability to carry life as a woman.... truly just amazing! What a gift.
- that we have a vehicle to get around town
- for salvation/forgiveness/redemption
- for Heaven, the promise of eternity with Him
- for mentors & examples in my life
- for childcare workers that give me a break from my duties when needed 
- for memories with loved ones that have passed away

Make time to write our your list this Thanksgiving. Thank the Lord for His goodness & faithfulness. May we never forget the works of His hands.

GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS, O GOD MY FATHER
MORNING BY MORNING, NEW MERCIES I SEE
ALL I HAVE NEEDED THY HAND HATH PROVIDED
GREAT IS THY FAITHFULNESS
LORD, UNTO ME

No comments: