So, I'm still not much better at keeping you updated... but it's a work in progress. Here's a recap on what's been going on with us lately. (Emphasis on the "recap" because to be honest it's been a bit crazy). Before we knew it, Thanksgiving crept up on us. I'm embarrassed to say that it came so quickly that Dalton didn't get to celebrate Canadian Thanksgiving. Therefore, we tried to over-celebrate our American Thanksgiving. Next year I promised him we would celebrate both. Bad wifey points for me. We had our own Thanksgiving dinner which was super fun. I cooked a huge meal and we had our friends Kelly & Casey over. Then we went to Charlotte for a few days and caught up with Taylor and Meagan. It was so great to finally get out there to see them, even if it was for a short visit.
Christmas came just as quickly but was oh so fun. We've had two big snow falls now, which I have thoroughly enjoyed! I just love love love the snow! Christmas morning was quite the treat, Dalton cooked a big breakfast for us. It was so nice to spend it together, just the two of us and come up with our own traditions. Decorating our home was a blast, and seeing our stockings on the mantle. It's truly the most wonderful time of the year. Hot cocoa, blankets, Christmas carols, candles... bliss! I'm so blessed! Dalt's sisters and family came to stay with us the week after Christmas for a few days. At the same time, Taylor and Meagan came into town and stayed with my parents. We had one big party for a week or so with everyone in town. It was such a joy to see our families and spend quality time with them ringing in the new year!
In the last little bit, we have become quite the travellers. We went to a conference in November in Dallas, TX. What a wonderful weekend, just the two of us, to soak up the Word and hear amazing speakers like Frances Chan, Matt Chandler & George Barna. Kari Jobe led us in worship and we were refreshed and renewed to come back full force here. In December, we went back to Lynchburg for theVirginia Christmas Spectacular. It's become a Christmas tradition for us and the show was amazing as always. Mom and Dad were able to get away from their busy schedule and double date with us so we had a blast! Then the new year took us to Atlanta, Georgia for Passion 2010! It was my first Passion experience and it was pretty amazing. I have to admit, I didn't really know what to expect. Whatever my expectations were, they were far exceeded. John Piper, Hillsong United, Louie Giglio, Frances Chan, Matt Redman, Chris Tomlin, David Crowder... you name it, they were probably there. I've never been in a crowd that large in such a confined area. But God was there and it was unbelievable... It was so exciting and humbling to be a small part of what God is doing in our College/Young Adults ministry here.
So, that's the general recap.... we're always on the go, always busy but enjoying life and all that God has in store. Right now our weeks are filled with hockey practices, hockey games, 3 small groups, 2 Fusion classes on Sunday, Choir rehearsals/Praise team rehearsals, 5 Sunday services, team dinners... chaos. But God has been faithful through it all and He is teaching us so very much!
I'm so very thankful for Friday and Saturday mornings! There are what keep us going throughout the week and allow us to clean house, do laundry, buy groceries, go to the bank... run the errands that allow Sun-Thurs. to be possible. Some of you know what I'm talking about. :)
I never cease to be amazed by the blessings and faithfulness of God. Every morning I wake up and thank God for His Word, my wonderful husband (who is more than I ever could have dreamed), for our jobs, for my family, for our home, ect. The list could go on.... For the incredible opportunities He gives us to serve Him and make His Name known!
2.02.2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment