Wow... it's hard to believe that I created this post in September, when we got engaged, and haven't posted on it since. It's sad how crazy busy we have gotten. So, I've decided it's time to get back in the groove. My sister-in-law, Wanetta, just recently started a blog and was so excited! It wasn't until then that I even realized I had forgotten all about ours. Wanetta- you were my inspiration to get back on track!
Well, as you can imagine a ton of stuff has happened since September so I'll give you a quick recap:
- On January 3 of this year my brother, Taylor, married his sweetheart from college, Meagan! It has been such a joy having her in our family... a wonderful addition!!
- The wedding plans of our own were quite exhausting, as you can imagine. But it was so amazing to say the least. I'm confident of the fact that my mother should be a wedding planner, that's for sure! There is absolutely no way we could have pulled off the wedding without her. She was our glue that held it all together!
- My entire spring was filled with wedding planning and trying to finish school. I'm happy to say that on May 10th, I graduated from LU with my Bachelor's in Worship & Music and a specialization in Women's Ministry. My husband, Dalt, graduated with his Masters... I'm so proud of him!
- So that leads me to the part where I got a HUSBAND! July 10th I was married to the man of my dreams and my best friend. That day was incredible and one I will never forget. He gets sweeter and sweeter and my love for him just continues to grow. We just had our 4 month anniversary. Man, how time flies by when you're having fun!!
So, that catches us up to today. Dalton and I are both working full time at a church in the area. Life is crazy but oh so fun. We bought our first house and have finally finished getting settled in. The painting and unpacking process was a lot of fun- we created quite the memories! Our days now consist of trying to conquer our schedules with hockey, cleaning, writing "Thank You's" and church events.
Dalton also took a job at a local university as an assistant hockey coach and is loving every bit of it. I'm extremely grateful for his opportunity to stay plugged into hockey and minister to the guys on the team. They are such a blessing and we have already seen the Lord working in their lives in incredible ways. We have pasta nights at our house when they have a home game. They're great guys!
So that pretty much brings you up to date. Now hopefully I can keep posting on a regular basis so you don't have to get a 1 year recap. :) I can't believe that Thanksgiving is here already and Christmas is just around the corner!! It's so hard to believe. But Christmas is my favorite holiday so I can't wait!!
Here are a few pictures to recap the last year... enjoy
Taylor & Meagan's wedding- 1.3.09 Congrats on 10 months!
Dalton and I at LU's Graduation- 5.10.09
Our wedding- 7.10.09 The best day of my life!!
Our beautiful new home that God has blessed us with!




No comments:
Post a Comment