9.29.2008

WE'RE ENGAGED!


So, this is my first experience at the whole blog thing so bear with me as I figure it out. I thought this would be an awesome way to keep in touch with everyone that we love because it's not always possible to catch up on the phone like we should. Due to the outpour of the question, "How did he do it?!" I'll put it in writing for everyone to enjoy! :)


We've been together now for a year and a half! I can't believe it; time truly does fly by! I just got a job at a hair salon here in Lynchburg for a couple of reasons. One, you can always use more money, especially since Dalton and I had been talking about marriage for a while. Secondly, I lost my scholarship here at LU because the team I used to sing on and travel with, LU Praise, was cancelled last May. And three, I'm a senior, graduating in May and I figured it was time to venture out into the real world and learn how to balance school with work. This brings you up to date with my job. I've been working for two weeks now at Sage Tryall Salon here in the Burg. 

Well, Thursday was the "big day". And it was absolutely perfect! After a long day at school, I went to Sage Tryall to work until closing. We were supposed to close that night at 8:00. But at 8:30 I was still there! Dalton and I had already planned to go on a date after work so he dropped me off that night. This was the only night he had ever dropped me off at work. So, as I saw that we were running behind, I asked my boss if Dalton could just wait in the front of the Salon until we finished closing, because I knew he would be getting there soon to pick me up. To my surprise, my boss said, "You've done a great job tonight. I'll just close up on my own. You can go when he gets here!". It's funny how God worked everything out because my boss didn't even know that we were getting engaged! Dalton picked me up from work and went out to eat at Neighbor's Place, the restaurant we went to on our first 'alone' date. He ate in 10 minutes flat. In fact, I took two bites of my salad and then got the rest to-go. Haha. 

We had already planned to go to a hockey game later that night and as we walked out to the car, Dalton suggested that I go home and change into something warmer for the game. He insisted, "They've turned the rink down colder because of the games this weekend". So we went home and on the way he gave me a fun survey to fill out. He had been telling me for a while that he wanted to fill out a survey of silly questions just for fun. It was on his list of things to do before we got engaged. He had told me that we would probably get engaged sometime between fall break and Thanksgiving break (American Thanksgiving). As we pulled in to my street one of the questions was, "Will you dance with me?". I said, "Yes but we're in a car silly". So I just wrote yes and we kept driving. The last question as we pulled into the driveway was, "If you could ask me any question in the world right now, what would it be?". At first I couldn't think of a question but I finally responded with, "What do you want to name your little girl someday?" As he opened the door to my townhouse he said Isabella, a name I've never heard him say. Then as I ran upstairs to change he said, "Well don't you want to know what my question is?" I looked at him smiling, and he took my hand and led me into the living room where he had my favorite flowers and candles everywhere. Then the moment I'd been waiting for, "Will you marry me?" As my eyes welled up with tears, I soon began to wonder... when would he have had time to ask my dad? Haha. So I said panicked, "Have you asked my daddy?!" With a big smile he said yes and I whispered yes through tears. He picked out the ring all by himself and it's beautiful!!

We danced (with no music) in the living room as we talked, laughed and cried. When we finally got to the hockey game, his dad from Canada was there to surprise me! What a blessing!! The entire weekend was filled with excitement as I went to the D2 hockey game that night, the D1 hockey game Friday night where my fiance was coaching! :) Then Saturday my mom came down and I got to go to my future sister-in-law's  lingerie shower! Then Saturday night, Dalton had to coach again so I rode with mom back to Hampton to see my dad, Zachary and Daniel. Dalton and his dad came down Sunday morning for church and met up with us! Then after lunch Sunday we went back to Lynchburg- Dalton, his dad and I. Sunday night Dalton played hockey in the men's league at Liberty. Then off to school on Monday!

It has been absolutely crazy busy but incredibly exciting! I'm so excited about planning the wedding and Taylor's wedding coming up in January! Life has never been better. I looked at Dalton the other night and said, "I can't wait to start our lives together!" He replied, "Babe, it's already begun!" I love that statement.... we've already begun this journey together and I can't wait to see what God has in store for the future! Keep in touch on here and hopefully I'll be good at keeping you updated as we go along! Love yall!

No comments: