11.07.2012

All who are thirsty...

Since our recent move... there are times that I find myself missing the comforts that came with everything familiar. Sometimes I miss material things and conveniences that we left behind. I miss having my family close by and just having the embrace of my loved ones after a long hard day. But these past few months have been so precious and dear to me because I'm learning to be refreshed and renewed by His Word. There is nothing like it! I wanted to share some verses that have really ministered to me over the past few weeks. I pray that God will use these verses as a time of refreshing for you as well...

"Now there is great gain in godliness with contentment; for we brought nothing into the world, and we cannot take anything out of the world. But if we have food and clothing, with these we will be content."- 1 Timothy 6:6-8

"When I thought, 'my foot slips', Your steadfast love, O Lord, held me up. When the cares of my heart are many, your consolations cheer my soul."- Psalm 94:18-19

"All Scripture is breathed out by God and profitable for teaching, for reproof, for correction, and for training in righteousness that the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work."- 2 Timothy 3:16-17

"For the grace of God has appeared, bringing salvation for all people, training us to renounce ungodliness and worldly passions, and to live self-controlled, upright, and godly lives in the present age, waiting for our blessed hope, the appearing of the glory of our great God and Savior Jesus Christ, who gave Himself for us to redeem us from all lawlessness and to purify for Himself a people for his own possession who are zealous for good works."- Titus 2:11-14

"But this I call to mind, and therefore I have hope: The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases, His mercies never come to an end; they are new every morning. Great is Your faithfulness. 'The Lord is my portion', says my soul, 'Therefore I will hope in Him.'"- Lamentations 3:21-24

"For no one is cast off by the Lord forever. Though He brings grief, He will show compassion. So great is His unfailing love!" -Lamentations 3:31-32

"But You are the same, and Your years have no end. The children of Your servants shall dwell secure; their offspring shall be established before You."- Psalm 102:27-28

"But You, O Lord, reign forever. Your throne endures to all generations."- Lamentations 5:19

"For we do not have a high priest who is unable to to sympathize with our weaknesses, but One who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin. Let us then with confidence draw near to the throne of grace, that we may receive mercy and find grace to help in time of need."- Hebrews 4:14-16

"For the Word of God is living and active, sharper than any two-edged sword, piercing to the division of soul and of spirit, of joints and of marrow, and discerning the thoughts and intentions of the heart."- Hebrews 4:12

* I want to share just 2 more verses. This verse has a special meaning to me because of where we now live. In Caronport, the wind can be quite fierce. It will literally blow you over sometimes. And on a really cold day, it can be especially frustrating and uncomfortable. However, I read this verse the other morning. "He sends His angels like the winds, His servants like flames of fire."- Hebrews 1:7
I often pray that God would send His holy angels to watch over us and protect us throughout our day. Now when a crazy wind almost blows me over... I smile and am reminded of His presence and His mighty angels watching over us. :)

The last verse I'll share was especially encouraging tonight with the election. I find that if I seek His Word, He always has just what I need to hear.


"Do you not know? Have you not heard? Has it not been told you from the beginning? Have you not understood since the earth was founded? He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and it's people are like grasshoppers. He stretches out the heavens like a canopy, and spreads them out like a tent to live in. He brings princes to naught and reduces the rulers of this world to nothing. No sooner 

are they planted, no sooner are they sown, no sooner do they take root in the ground, than he blows on them and they wither, and a whirlwind sweeps them away like chaff. 'To whom will you compare Me? Or who is my equal?' says the Holy One. Life up your eyes and look to the heavens. Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one and calls forth each of them by name. Because of His great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing. " 
Isaiah 40:21-26

I truly pray that these verses encourage your heart as you read them. Perhaps there is a certain one that you just really need to cling to. I'm finding that He is all that I need and I am most "at home" when I'm in His presence. 

Here's a song I particularly like:
"All who are thirsty... all who are weak. Come to the fountain. Dip your heart in the stream of life. Let the pain and the sorrow be washed away. In the waves of His mercy as deep calls out to deep."


No comments: